When we are speaking about SSD recovery we should remember the following things:
- PC-3000 SSD is works only with ATA-based SSD. That means that right now such models as Samsung 960 Pro or Apple MacBook Pro Retina SSD’s are not supported, because they are based on miniPCI-E interface, and does not have SATA controller inside CPU.
- It possible to recover data from SSD only in case if SSD drive does not have any problems with hardware part – CPU, NAND memory chips and PCB should be in a good condition. Such drives should return some status on ATA registers when you send power supply. They might be in BSY, might return strange capacity or wrong ID and so on.
- PC-3000 SSD does not support SSD recovery only by controller. First of all – PC-3000 SSD support combination of Firmware (Manufacturer) and controller. It’s very important, because some manufacturers use similar controllers but different Firmware with different technological mode commands, and such drives become unsupported. For example – We completely support 88SS9174 Marwell controller, which is presented in Micron, Plextor, Sandisk and Crusial drives – they have similar FW. But at the same time, some of Lite-On drives based on the same 88SS9174 CPU are not supported, because their firmware microprogram is completely rewrite by Lite-on company. At the same time, modern families of Silicon Motion and Phison drives, have a default platform SM22xx and PS31xx which are very similar. So, if you will catch Kingston drive based on PS3109, it would be also supported, even if such Kingston model is not in support list.
- Right now all our forces are dropped on developing and adding in support list the most popular SSD drives in mSATA and SATA form-factor. Right now we have a lot of questions about M.2 and apple SSD support, but unfortunately such drives are very rare in our region, and we don’t have enough donors. If you want – you can contact with our technical support and send for us several SSD with such non-SATA interface. We will be interesting in research works.
- Even if SSD drive is not supported by PC-3000 SSD, but it has a problem with File System, with deleted information or missed files – you still can use the Data Extractor for getting access to user files! PC3000 SSD is using only for cases, when Solid State Drive has a serious problem with internal Firmware, translator tables and other logical issues!
So, here is the list of supported drives, grouped by Utilities. Current version of PC-3000 SSD software is 2.6.5 and it is a part of PC-3000 UDMA-E\Express\Portable 6.5x software.
In this article we will speak about data recovery from SSD drives based on Silicon Motion SM controllers. This types of CPU are very popular and usually they are using in a wide number of different value and low-level solid state drives.
Posted in Articles, PC-3000 SSD, Video
Tagged ACE, ACELAB, Data Recovery, PC-3000, Silicon Motion, SM, SM2246, SM2256, Techno Mode, Technological Mode
Starting from PC-3000 6.3x and PC-3000 SSD 2.4.4, it’s become possible to work with Phison-based drives.
Right now the list of supported models includes the following cpu modifications:
- Phison PS3105 (all modifications and all models);
- Phison PS3108-S8 (all modifications and all models);
- Phison PS3109-S9 (all modifications and all models);
- Phison PS3110-S10 (all modifications and all models);
- Toshiba TC58NC1000 (all modifications and all models);
- Phison PS3111-S11 (all modifications and all models);
- Kingston CP33238B (all modifications and all models);
Posted in PC-3000 SSD, Video
Tagged Data Recovery, PC-3000, PC-3000 SSD, Phison, Phison Recovery, PS3105, PS3105 Recovery, PS3108, PS3108 Recovery, PS3109, PS3109 Recovery, SSD
FileVault is a high-end disk encryption program used in Mac OS X 10.3 and later. Most of the Apple’s products that came out after 2003 use FileVault to provide users with a reliable tool to decrypt home folders and personal data. And FileVault does the job well by preventing unauthorized access to encrypted hard drives content. No data recovery specialist without the right tools and special knowledge will be able to access the data on an Apple computer.
Cases, when the encrypted hard drive is damaged to boot may present a serious challenge even to a skilled professional. In this article, we will describe an algorithm of bypassing FileVault protection and give some tips on recovering data from damaged encrypted Apple hard drives.
Below is a schematic diagram of the FileVault encryption method:
Did you ever face the situation when you need to change the Model name and/or Serial number of Seagate F3 drives?
It’s useful when different DVR systems, game consoles, etc. do not accept the non-native drives because of the verification procedure – e.g. the S/N of the drive doesn’t match the internal one (which is stored in the Firmware of the device).
In today’s article, we will describe how to change these values on the Seagate F3 arch. drives.
This article continues the topic of building a good folder structure for AU6989 and AU6998 in PC-3000 Flash.
As you probably know, there are a lot of cases when we can’t determine the ECC because of the insertions. Usually, even the ordinary insertions caused a lot of problems. So, what to do if they are XORed?
Seagate drives are very popular, but they also have a lot of issues in their FW. In this article we will show you how to resolve one such issue: a strange SenseCode = 87270000 error, and get a full data access.
We all love Virtual machines. They allow us to find the balance between scale and consolidated environment and help us to decrease the resources required for a proper functionality.
VMware vStorage Virtual Machine File System is a high-performance cluster file system that provides storage virtualization that is optimized for virtual machines.
This picture (from https://www.vmware.com) shows how multiple Servers with several virtual machines running on them can use VMFS to share a common clustered pool of storage.
Looks like Virtual Machine File System is an excellent file system. Except for one case: a failure without a backup.
What do you normally do when your Western Digital Marvell drive falls into a Busy state as soon as you start Marvell utility and try to read HDD ID? Most likely you isolate head contacts for a 2.5″ drive, set the jumpers in Kernel mode for 3.5″, or short some special points on PCB. The above procedures are well known: they require working on a drive with a screwdriver or jumpers.
But, what to do if we have no possibility to unscrew the PCB or short the read channel, and the case must be resolved as fast as possible without engineer presenting in working place? In today’s article, we will show you how to get the ROM access and block the SA access to get the SA and data access without any of that.
We are often asked: how to use only one database for multiple computers?
Today we present you our how-to on configuring a shared database.